Way back on January 1, 2009 I began my 101in1001 project. The goal was and is to complete 101 pre-defined tasks in 1001 days. Day 1001, or the last day, is Thursday, September 29, 2011. Today is day 500, the half-way point.
This was my first attempt at such a project, so when I made my list of 101 tasks I wrote down a few things I don’t think I was really interested in doing, and that I just don’t think I’m going to complete. There were actually a whole bunch of things I’d never thought of doing before that I did do, and working on the list has encouraged me to do many things I don’t think I would have actually done without the list to motivate me. Somehow writing things down as a to-do list gave me permission to try them.
As of today I have:
37 items complete
64 items left to go
10 items I don’t think I’m going to complete.
Over the last 500 days, or nearly one and a half years, I’ve come up with a few new things I’d like to do. I don’t want to start a new 101in1001, at least not until I’ve finished the current one. But I think I’d like to add a few other items to the list, and leave some space open for a few other items.
- Kayak more often (twice at least)
- Sew a corset (finish it!)
- Learn to play the piano (need to define more clearly)
- Finish BDII
- attend Dickens fair workshops
- Make a Dickens costume
- Make Renaissance Faire Costume
- Go mountain bike riding
- Read: flow, skeptics and true believers, how to read a book
- Use public transportation to get from San Jose to San Francisco (Britex and a meal) and back.
- Become a confident griller
- Learn to read guitar chords
My goal for the next few weeks is to review each task, whether finished or not, as a blog post. I hope a detailed revisiting of my task items will help me finish blog365 (101in1001#33) and encourage me to finish the rest of the items in the 101in1001 project. I will most likely enjoy a review of the items I have completed, too.